Water filter is an appliance that can be found in every household or office or school or college or any place where humans are present. Purified water for drinking is a necessity now – a – days. Now water filter are of different types. To suit the needs of the masses a variety of water filters are available in the market. Now generally water filters involve two categories –
- Water softening systems
- Water filter jugs
Both of these satisfy different needs. Water softening system is meant for an entire house. It converts hard water into soft water by removing calcium and magnesium ions. It converts water in large quantity and takes more time. Whereas water filter jugs are meant to purify small quantities of water. They are just meant for drinking purpose. For best water softeners, go to the WSE site.
Different Types of Water Filters
Basically, there are three types of water softeners –
- Salt based system – sodium ions replace the calcium and magnesium ions. They are used for very hard waters and usually for entire household. They require a tank for resin beads and a salt chamber. They are bulky and need to be installed near a drain so that salt tank can discharge there.
- Salt free system – they use Nano – technology. The technology is used to alter the atomic structure of water. They are capable of converting water that is medium hard. They require no salt replacement, no drain and running cost is comparatively low.
- Electro – magnetic system – they are small in size and very compact. They use magnetic waves to alter the structure of water molecules. Generally used for low to medium hard water. They are low maintenance and environment friendly.
Water filter jugs are of many types depending upon their usage. These are widely used in an average British house.
How to replace Filter on a Water Filtration System?
Water filters are of many types. But the general idea is the same. Filters are needed to be changed periodically so that water purification is continued. With faulty filters there will be no purified water. If filters get clogged they can result into breaking of system.
Every water filtration system comes with an instruction manual. It should be read thoroughly before changing filters. Here are some common steps that are involved during changing a filter –
- Firstly stop the water supply. It will be very messy if water supply is not closed off.
- Then carefully remove the body. Filters are placed inside so the body is screwed in way that it can be opened easily.
- Remove the filter and dispose it. Clean the part that held the filter. Read the manual to check to see if the part that held the filter is detachable or not. If it is detachable then take it out and clean it and then place it back. Now place a fresh new filter.
- Screw up the whole body carefully. Do not leave any part unscrewed otherwise leakage might occur.